Hey there, deal hunter! Are you ready to unlock the secrets of scoring huge savings on your travels across America? We’ve uncovered the insider tricks that locals use to pay way less for everything from souvenirs to scenic tours. You’re about to become a savvy shopper who impresses your friends with how much you can save. Forget paying full price for anything—those days are over!
Once you learn how to work the system, you’ll wonder why you ever paid retail. The deals from New York to San Francisco are ripe for picking if you know where to look. Get ready to shop smart and save big with these pro tips for finding deals in cities nationwide. Your wallet will thank you, and you might even be able to extend your trip a few extra days with all the money you’ll save!
Shop Tax-Free: Take Advantage of Sales Tax Exemptions
As a traveler in the U.S., you can save big by shopping in states that don’t charge sales tax on clothes, food, and other goods. Some of the best places for tax-free retail therapy include:
- Oregon – This Pacific Northwest state has no sales tax at all. Stock up on everything from stylish rain jackets to craft coffee and wine. Portland, in particular, is a shopper’s paradise.
- Montana – Big Sky Country is tax-free, too. Head to quirky Missoula for local artisan goods, or check out Bozeman’s farm-to-table food scene.
- New Hampshire – Live-free and shop tax-free in the Granite State. Score deals on outdoor gear in North Conway or pick up handcrafted pottery and woven goods in picturesque Portsmouth.
- Alaska – The Last Frontier state has bargain prices and no sales tax. Shop for Ulu knives, Native crafts, or king crab in Anchorage or Juneau.
- Delaware – This tax-free state on the Atlantic coast is just a short drive from major cities like Philadelphia, Baltimore, and D.C. Stop in Rehoboth Beach for beachy decor or Lewes for antiques.
Taking advantage of sales tax exemptions in certain states makes it easy for budget-savvy travelers to keep more cash in their wallets. Plan your trip around major shopping destinations and outlet malls in tax-free states. Your bank account will thank you! By buying big-ticket items like outdoor gear, home decor, or electronics, you can save hundreds of dollars for your next adventure.
Sign Up for Retailer Email Lists and Get Exclusive Discounts
Signing up for major retailers’ email lists is one of the easiest ways to score exclusive discounts and deals. You’ll get coupon codes, flash sale alerts, and first dibs on the best bargains.
Target’s Cartwheel app and email list offer weekly coupons for up to 50% off groceries, clothes, home decor, and more. They frequently run special promo codes for subscribers to save on entire purchases. RedCard holders get an extra 5% off and free shipping.
Walmart is the king of low prices, and their email list helps you save even more. You’ll get advance notice about Rollbacks, clearance events, and overstock deals. Blue light specials and flash picks offer 50-90% off select items for 12 hours. They also send surprise $10 gift cards and coupons for $20 off $50.
Kohl’s email list is a must if you love a good bargain on clothes, shoes, and housewares. They run huge sales of up to 80% off, and subscribers often get an extra 15-30% off promo code. Kohl’s Cash-earning events several times a year give you $10 for every $50 spent to use on your next purchase. You’ll also get $5 off coupons and chances to win gift cards.
Macy’s frequent One Day Sales and coupon events offer 25-60% off everything from dresses and handbags to small kitchen appliances. As an email list member, you’ll get early access and sometimes an extra 10-20% off select departments. They also give surprise coupons for $10 off $25 or $20 off $50 and send exclusive Star Passes with stacking coupons worth up to $100 off your purchase.
Sign up for your favorite stores’ email lists and start saving big on everything you need. With all the extra discounts and free money offered to subscribers, you’ll wonder why you didn’t do it sooner!