Darius Campbell Danesh: Chloroethane Use

Post-mortem examination documents listed “toxic effects of chloroethane” as well as “suffocation” as having contributed to singer & actor Darius' death last month.

His loved ones said that he was “suffering from chronic neck pain following a car accident in 2010”, & sent their appreciation for the “love & kindness” shown towards them following his death.

Post-mortem examination documents obtained by the PA news agency listed “toxic effects of chloroethane” as well as “suffocation” as having contributed to his death.

A statement said “The results of medical examinations have confirmed that Darius’ death was an accident caused by chloroethane which is used to treat pain & that tragically lead to respiratory arrest.

“Darius was suffering from chronic neck pain following a car accident in 2010."

"We would like to thank everyone for their love and kindness, and ask that the family’s privacy is maintained during this difficult time”.

In 2010, Danesh Campbell spoke about the car crash in which he broke his neck. The singer had been a passenger in a Porsche when it hit a wall at 70mph after skidding on oil during a holiday in Spain.