The World Science Festival’s signature event is an annual celebration and exploration of science, which aims to cultivate a general public informed by science, inspired by its wonder, convinced of its value, and prepared to engage with its implications for the future.
This year’s festival featured 50 events over 5 days, including 10 premier events that were broadcast live online. Below are video links to five philosophically themed programs.
- The Whispering Mind: The Enduring Conundrum of Consciousness, with Mélanie Boly, Kristof Koch, Colin McGinn, and Nicholas Schiff. Moderated by Terry Moran.
- Architects of the Mind: A Blueprint for the Human Brain, with Douglas Fields, Kristen Harris, Murray Shanahan, and Gregory Wheeler. Moderated by Bill Weir.
- Infinity, with Raphael Bousso, Philip Clayton, Steven Strogatz, Hugh Woodin. Moderated by Keith Devlin.
- Multiverse: One or Many?, with Andreas Albrecht, Alan Guth, Andrei Linde, and Neil Turok. Moderated by John Hockenberry.
- A Matter of Time, with Paul Davies, Craig Callender, Tim Maudlin, Max Tegmark. Moderated by Ira Flato.
Cross-posted at Choice and Inference