Fourth Annual Formal Epistemology Workshops, FEW 2007
The organizers are in the process of organizing the fourth annual formal
epistemology workshop. The purpose of these workshops will be to
bring together individuals, both faculty and graduate students, using
mathematical methods in epistemology in small focused meetings.
Topics treated will include but are not limited to:
* Ampliative inference (including inductive logic);
* Game theory and decision theory;
* Formal learning theory;
* Formal theories of coherence:
* Foundations of probability and statistics;
* Formal approaches to paradoxes of belief and/or action;
* Belief revision;
* Causal discovery.
More info below the fold.
Besides papers with respondents, each workshop will typically include
short introductory tutorials (three or four topically related
presentations) on formal methods. These tutorials will be oriented
particularly to graduate students.
The fourth workshop is scheduled for 31 May – 3 June 2007 and will be
held at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
FEW 2007 SUBMISSION DEADLINES:
– Paper submissions (at least a 1/2 page abstract): By Monday, Feb.
– Notification: By Monday, March 30th.
Please send submissions by email to Branden Fitelson
Those interested in participating, either by presenting papers,
responding, or providing tutorials, or in helping with organization,
should contact one of the organizers listed below. Limited funds are
available for graduate student travel. (A workshop web-site will
shortly be set up. It will appear at the usual location: http://